What is Floating?
Floating is a way to escape the overstimulation of daily life, allowing your mind and body to relax completely.
Without relentless parade of sensory stimulation, your mind can pause and renew itself while your body is suspended in a warm solution of Epsom salt.
Research done by scientists, have proven incredible physical and psychological benefits of floating.
At Azure Spa, our large floatrooms are ideal for people affected by claustrophobia. With an impressive 8’ by 8’ size, you are in complete control of your environment and not confined in an enclosed space such as floatpods or tanks. You can step in or out anytime you like.
Benefits of Floating
- Stress, depression and anxiety reduction
- Help to reduce the symptoms of PTSD
- Improved mental performance, cognitive function and enhanced creativity
- Improved athletic performance and sport recovery
- Intense, deep relaxation
- Headache relief
- Pain relief due to arthritis, muscular tension and fibromyalgiaody
- Encourages restful sleep
- Helps to normalize blood pressure
- Nourishing and healing the skin
- Reduces chronic fatigue
- Boosts immune system
- Gives your body time to return to balance
Contradictions to Floating
- Powerful sedatives
- Perforated eardrum and inner ear disorders
- Large open sores or wounds (all small cuts can be covered with our special gel)
- Shaving, tanning or waxing within the last 6 hours
- Pregnancy; pregnant women can float with prior consultation by doctor
- Intoxication caused by drugs or alcohol
- Limited mobility. If you are not physically confident to enter or exit float pool, please bring your personal service assistant
- Tatooing done within the past 4 to 6 weeks
- Hair coloring that has been done in the past two weeks.
Preparation for Floating
- Don’t eat big meals before floating
- If you have contact lenses, please remove them and place in your contact lens container
- Don’t drink alcohol or caffeinated drinks before float
- Don’t wax, shave or tan before your float
- Don’t dye your hair before your float, make sure the colour is fully set
- Please bring your personal hairbrush